Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic:
Top Ten Books I feel as though everyone had read but me:
There are a lot of books that have hit the bestseller lists, but I still haven’t read. But most of those books and the kind which I’m most likely never to pick up. For instance, any Nicholas Sparks novel or the books that fit into the ‘paranormal young adult’ genre. But there are some books that I could have read by now, along with the thousand other people who read them; but I didn’t get around to it. There are the books everyone seems to have read, except, unfortunately, me:
1. Lord of the Rings by J. R. R Tolkien – I am going to save these for some long vacation somewhere down the road.
2. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
3. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
4. The Stand by Stephen King
5. The Tiffany Aching books (from the Discworld series) by Terry Pratchett – I will read them. Soon.
6. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
7. Sandman series by Neil Gaiman – I am still not convinced that I could like comic books.
8. A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin
9. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
10. The Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher – From this entire list, I probably want to read these the most!