Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is Top Ten Awww Moments (moments that made you go “awww”)
Because there’s exactly one month left for the Deathly Hallows Part 2 to release, I’ve decided to dedicate this week’s TTT to just that! Here are my Top Ten Harry Potter Awww Moments:
1.“Wangoballwime?” (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
Not that I particularly love Harry and Cho together, but this was absolutely cute.
2. “Nitwit, blubber, oddment, tweak.” (Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone)
Classic, right? Dumbledore’s pretty aww. I remember him saying something like “Pip pip” too sometime.
3. “He accused me of being ‘Dumbledore’s man through and through.”
“How very rude of him.”
“I told him I was.”
Dumbledore opened his mouth to speak and then closed it again. Behind Harry, Fawkes the phoenix let out a low, soft, musical cry. To Harry’s intense embarrassment, he suddenly realized that Dumbledore’s bright blue eyes looked rather watery, and stared hastily at his own knees. When Dumbledore spoke, however, his voice was quite steady.
“I am touched, Harry.” (Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince)
I bet you’re saying ‘aww’ as we speak.
4. “Er-my-nee,” croaked Ron unexpectedly from between them. They all fell silent, watching him anxiously, but after muttering incomprehensibly for a moment he merely started snoring.
Ron. is. so. cute.
5. “I don’t think you’re a waste of space.”(…)“Well …er…thanks, Dudley.”Again, Dudley appeared to grapple with thoughts too unwieldy for expression before mumbling, “You saved my life.” (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows)
Okay, I won’t call it my favourite moment. But it was unexpected and nice coming from Big D.
6. Harry did not really listen. A warmth was spreading through him that had nothing to do with the sunlight; a tight obstruction in his chest seemed to be dissolving. He knew that Ron and Hermione were more shocked than they were letting on, but the mere fact that they were still there on either side of him, speaking bracing words of comfort, not shrinking from him as though he were contaminated or dangerous, was worth more than he could ever tell them. (Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince)
Isn’t this the best friendship ever? I love them.
7. “There are all kinds of courage,” said Dumbledore, smiling. “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends. I therefore award ten points to Mr. Neville Longbottom.” (Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone)
8. Black’s gaunt face broke into the first true smile Harry had seen upon it. The difference it made was startling, as though a person ten years younger were shining through the starved mask; for a moment, he was recognizable as the man who had laughed at Harry’s parents’ wedding. (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban)
…right after he asks Harry to move in with him. It’s one of my favourite books in the series! I love all of James’ past, just the four Marauders that is – without Snape butting in.
9. “NEVER-INSULT-ALBUS-DUMBLEDORE-IN-FRONT-OF-ME!” (Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone)
I love Hagrid and how much he loves Dumbledore!
10. “Not my daughter, you bitch!” (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows)
Of course. 🙂
By the way, I absolutely hated it when Sirius, Dumbledore, Moody, Dobby and Fred died, so no “aww”s there!
What are your favourite Harry Potter moments?