Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted at The Broke and the Bookish.
This has got to be the most non-me Top Ten Tuesday topic. Anyway…
These are a bunch of reviews, bookish anecdotes and just random, funny posts (in no particular order), which (according to me, anyway) give you the best glimpse of this blog:
1. Nargles, Wrackspurts and Blibbering Humdingers: My first ever bookish post, back when Tabula Rasa wasn’t quite a book blog. I think it shows my love for Harry Potter perfectly, right from the title.
2. Why I Like Horror Fiction: The title is pretty much self-explanatory. This is one of the posts on this blog that got a lot of unexpected (but welcome, of course) attention.
3. Mort: A Random Crazy Post: Another title that says it all. This is from back when I hadn’t gotten the hang of formatting and most of my readers were related to me. I does tell a lot about “me” though, or how crazy I was.
5. Reading Tolstoy’s Anna Karenina: This is one of my favourite reviews on the blog.
6. Gilmore Girls and Books: This post is about how Rory Gilmore inspired me to read.
7. Literary Pet Peeves: It is one of those posts (one that tells a lot about me) where I rant on (and on) about bookish habits that people have that irritate me.
8. 11.22.63 by Stephen King: A Long Overdue Book Review: This is another of my favourite reviews on this blog.
9. Persepolis: Reading a Graphic Novel: …and another (book review, that is.)
10. Re-reading Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury: A very recent post that I like, and possibly the longest post on the blog… possibly.
You know, after the first two or three, I got bored of going through the entire blog over and over again. So the rest may not tell much about me at all; but since we are already in the process of self-flattery, I could get away with saying that it’s my blog, so I am sure they are great, anyway. (If not anything else, this post at least shows you that I write in long confusing sentences.)
Share your best posts with me and I’ll be sure to check them out!
5 thoughts on “Top Ten Posts that give the best glimpse of ME!”
It got hard for me to think of stuff once I put a couple posts up too.
These are all great, though my favorite it your review of Anna Karenina. See, I feel like I wasted months reading that book and didn't like it at all, but your writing is showcased well in the review. Great stuff!
Great list! I haven't read Fahrenheit 451 (so bad, my brother's been telling me for years to read it lol) but I do love re-reading books and then posting up my thoughts about it because it's interesting to see how much my thoughts have changed or what I noticed that was different the second time around.
Great review on Anna Karenina! I read that book last year and absolutely loved it; there's just so much to dissert and think over from that book.
Here's my TTT for this week
I like your horror fiction post. I still haven't read any Stephen King, but I think I would like it. I'm also really jonesing to reread Fahrenheit 451.
Thoughtful posts. Enjoyed my time here. I'm a huge fan of that quiet horror that creeps up on you and suddenly….