I took part in only a couple of challenges this year – but plan on participating in a whole lot in 2012. Here are the ones I have decided to sign up for:
1. The Sir Terry Pratchett Reading Challenge hosted at Once Upon a Time – I absolutely LOVE the Discworld series, of course. But I still have a couple of books from the series, here and there, which I haven’t read – including the Tiffany Aching novels. There are a whole bunch of Pratchett’s non-Discworld books, that I would love to read as well. Not to mention, re-reads. The challenge runs for the whole year, from January 1st to December 31st 2012. You can set your own goals and read as many books as you want!
2. Back to the Classics Challenge hosted at Sarah Reads Too Much – I stayed away (and I mean far away) from classics of any kind until very recently. I decided to give them a try and turns out they aren’t all that bad. Which is why, I decided to participate in this year-long challenge. The categories are:
– any 19th century classic
– any 20th century classic
– a classic re-read
– a classic play
– classic mystery/horror/crime fiction
– classic romance
– a classic translation (from it’s original language into your language)
– a classic award winner
– a classic set in a country you would never visit (or never be able to visit!)
3. Dystopia 2012 hosted at Bookish Ardour – I haven’t read any dystopian fiction, at least, not lately. So, I am not sure if I will like it. Which is why, I have chosen to participate in the “Asocial” level – which means reading 5 novels throughout the year, right from January 1st to December 31st. Who knows, I might even end up liking the genre!
4. What’s in a Name hosted at Beth Fish Reads – Between January 1st and December 31st, read one book with each of the following things in its title:
– a topographical feature
– something you’d see in the sky
– creepy crawly
– type of house
– something you’d carry in your pocket, purse or backpack
– something you’d find on a calendar
I just realized what this means: I have already planned a twenty plus reading list for 2012. Not to mention, the whole stack of books sitting on my shelf! I can’t wait for the new year…
3 thoughts on “Challenges for 2012!”
Hi, Priya. 🙂
I'm pretty sure I'm going to take part in the "Back to the Classics" Challenge, too. I have shelves full of things that I need to finally read.
The challenges for next year all look so tempting!
Hm.. So there is going to be some serious reading next year.
Thanks for joining the Classics Challenge. They really aren't that bad! Plus, it is encouraging me to keep reading all "those" books that I feel like I should have already read by now. I am also doing the What's In A Name 5 Challenge – so fun!