Musing Mondays is a meme hosted at MizB’s Should Be Reading. This week’s musing is… a book meme!
What was the last book you…
1. borrowed from a library? Stories and Short Pieces by Franz Kafka
2. bought? Stardust by Neil Gaiman. Although I just ordered Mark Twain’s A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court and it’s on it’s way!
3. cried over? Make that almost cried, and it would be The Book Thief by Markus Zusak!
4. disliked and couldn’t finish? Actually: Didn’t like much and couldn’t finish because it wasn’t mine and I had to return it – One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
5. read and loved? Blaze by Stephen King (as Richard Bachman) – it is fun to read something other than horror by Stephen King!
6. got for review/got in the mail? I haven’t been doing any reviewing lately, and since the last time was too long ago, I can’t remember which!
7. gave to someone else? Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger, I lent it to a friend!
8. stayed up too late reading? Antony and Cleopatra by William Shakespeare – actually, I didn’t sleep the entire night!
9 thoughts on “Musing Mondays”
Oh the Book Thief – definitely a tear jerker. Have you read any of his other ones? And good work on Antony & Cleopatra – that's an impressive effort!
Haven't really read much of King's Bachman books – maybe I should start reading a couple. Would Blaze be the one you'd recommend?
Here's my Weekly Meme: Musing Mondays (August 29) post!
Wow! You seem to have the same taste in books as I do! Many of these books I'm planning to read this fall– Stardust (I love Neil Gaiman), One Hundred Years of Solitude, Blaze, and Antony and Cleopatra!
I loved The Book Thief and I'm betting that I, like you, will have trouble getting through Marquez.
I'm really interested in your blog and am definitely subscribing to it. Can't wait to read more!
I've never read a Stephen King book, because I don't like horror books. Maybe I will see if my Library has Blaze and borrow it.
Thanks for your visit to my Reading Corner today.
New followe here!
Oh The Book Thief made me cry too. Such a powerful book!
I love Neil Gaiman but I've yet to read Stardust. It definitely needs to go on my TBR list.
I just love your blog url!
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
I'm a Stephen King/Richard Bachman fan from way back!
For #6, You might find yourself having to change that sentence soon 😉
I haven't read Stephen King in a long time. I used to love his books so much. I should really go back and read them again.
The Book Gatherer – Thanks, I never would have thought I'd enjoy a play, but that book is really great!!
Randomizeme – Blaze is, after all, a trunk novel; so it isn't amazing. But if you are already a King fan, then you'll like it!
Borkadventures.Com – That's great!! I love Neil Gaiman too and you should definitely read Stardust and Blaze, seeing that you like Stephen King! Thanks for stopping by 🙂
Gigi Ann – I wouldn't call Blaze his best book, but since you don't like horror, you should give it a try – because he's a pretty good writer anyway!
Aeicha @ Word Spelunking – You know, very few books make me teary, but The Book Thief is really so beautiful, and like you said, powerful! And thanks, it's always great to have a fellow Harry Potter fan get that name!
SS – Ooh, what do you mean? 😉 Lol
Thanks for stopping by!