Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new Top Ten list complete with one bloggers’ answers.Everyone is welcome to join. All you have to do is link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own post! This week’s topic:
Top Ten Authors I Would DIE to meet:
If I really think about it, I’d like to meet most of the authors that I read, whether I like the book or not. So it’s tough to list ten.
These are, as the question says, the authors I’d DIE (or… kill) to meet. The reason is either that I have fallen in love with their book/books, can re-read them hundred thousand times and would kill to talk about these books with their creators! Or… the authors affected me in a certain way or introduced me to a particular genre.
Here are the top ten authors that I’d want to meet – in no particular order – and the one thing that put them on this list:
1. Terry Pratchett (for the Discworld)
2. J. K. Rowling (for a thousand amazing book memories)
3. Diana Wynne Jones (for taking me back to my childhood)
4. Stephen King (for making me love horror fiction)
5. Yann Martel (for Life of Pi)
6. Mark Twain (for ridding my fear of classics!)
7. Neil Gaiman (for American Gods)
8. Isaac Asimov (for making me love science fiction)
9. Ayn Rand (well… I owe it to my “I-love-Ayn-Rand” high school self!)
10. Enid Blyton (for making me love books!)
(and… if screenwriters count – Walt Disney and Joss Whedon. Lol)