Happy 1 year Blogoversary to The Broke and the Bookish!! Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new Top Ten list complete with one bloggers’ answers. This week’s topic:
Top Ten Reasons I Love Being A Book Blogger
1. Writing: I get to do what I love the most on a regular basis!! And ever since I started blogging about books, I never ran out of topics. Book blogging got rid of that occasional case of writer’s block!
2. Coming out of my shell: I didn’t start this as a book blog, and I still do post other stuff as well. But I never talked about books as much as I now do. I guess finding so many fellow book bloggers has made me way more expressive than I was! Which brings me to my next point.
3. Getting to know other bookish people: Ironically, I don’t have many “real-life” friends who love reading as much as I do. And most of those who do like reading, don’t read the type of books that I do! Blogging gave me the chance to interact with so many like-minded readers.
4. Recommendations: Not to mention, all the wonderful book recommendations. There are so many books I read, so many new, wonderful authors I came across, since I started reading book blogs.
5. Book Reviews: I love reading book reviews, almost as much as I love reading books! I like to know what other people think about a book I’ve read!!
6. Authors: Getting to know so many authors, reading what they are upto and better yet, interacting with your favourite writers; that’s definitely one of the best things about being a book blogger.
7. No Boredom: Having something to do all the time; reading or blogging about reading!
8. Leaving my comfort zone: For good! I’ve read so many books from so many different genres in the past few months, books that were recommended to me that I would never have picked up myself – YA, for one.
9. Keeping Record: I never really kept record of the books I read. Now I set goals and challenge myself to read and actually follow through with it. And…I avoid making excuses about not having time to read!!
10. A huge TBR heap: I am never going to have ‘nothing good to read’, for at least the next hundred years!