I had a very busy day. But here I am, finally getting in the spirit of Father’s Day. Just like great moms, fiction is also full of awesome fatherly figures, if not fathers! Here’s a list of (some of) my Favourite Fictional Fathers:
5. Rupert Giles (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) – Buffy Summers’s Watcher and the school librarian. He may not be her real Dad but he’s everything you’d want a father to be! He’s loving and caring and always there when Buffy needs him!!
(when Giles turns into a fyarl demon but Buffy recognizes him!)
Giles: How did you know it was me? Buffy: Your eyes. You’re the only person in the world that can look that annoyed with me.
4. Marlin (Finding Nemo) – The cute little clownfish from Finding Nemo who literally crosses the world to find his son!!
Marlin: What if they don’t like me? Coral: Marlin! Marlin: No, really. Coral: There’s over 400 eggs, odds are, one of them is bound to like you.
3. Danny, Jesse and Joey (Full House) – I used to love this show, and these three were pretty great dads!
Stephanie:(passing by Joey, Jesse and Danny) Daddy, Daddy, Daddy. Jesse:(the teacher looks at them confused) What? Elizabeth Taylor’s daughter had 7 fathers.
2. Death (Discworld) – Death is awesome. Of course! (even as a dad and granddad!)
“All right,” said Susan. “I’m not stupid. You’re saying humans need… fantasies to make life bearable.”
REALLY? AS IF IT WAS SOME KIND OF PINK PILL? NO. HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.
1. Arthur Weasley (Harry Potter): As if it weren’t awesome enough to be the father of six awesome Weasley kids (and one Percy), he’s also like a father to Harry!! And his obsession with Muggles makes him absolutely adorable!
(when the boys drove his magically modified Ford Anglia)
Mr. Weasley: “Did you really? Did it go alright? I — I mean … that — that was very wrong, boys, very wrong indeed…”